There are many alleged benefits of chili peppers, ranging from a natural way to fight cancer to an aid in weight loss.Below are five of the most popular and well researched benefits.
1) Capsaicin in chili peppers can lead to weight loss. The chemical interacts with receptors in your tongue to suppress your appetite, according to a study from Purdue University and supported by other research. Chili peppers are also high in vitamin C, a nutrient used to increase the amount of energy burned at rest. Avoid consuming large amounts of chili peppers before bed, as this may lead to heartburn and difficulty sleeping.
2) Calms the stomach and digestive system. Chili peppers contain capsaicin, which can help your digestive system. Capsaicin helps protect the stomach lining from the “dangers” of digestion, including infection from bacteria and over-excited stomach cells.
3) Detoxifies the body. Capsaicin helps your body to excrete toxic waste through your skin or through your urine. Capsaicin is also an effective sedative.
4) Controls heartburn and nausea. Chili peppers can keep your stomach from moving into your esophagus, which can trigger heartburn. Studies have reported that capsaicin can decrease nausea and vomiting, allowing for better treatment of diseases like cancer.
5) Acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. Capsaicin can help your body fight inflammation, which can help repair degenerating arthritis. Chili peppers can also be applied to the skin to reduce pain.
6. The capsaicin in chili peppers can help to prevent osteoporosis. Capsaicin has been proven to increase the level of a compound within the body called “adenosine,” which helps increase bone mass.
7) Aids in fighting off cancer. Capsaicin is an anti-cancer compound in chili peppers that has been proven to help fight prostate cancer, according to a paper from the University of Michigan and supported by other research.
Chili peppers are often considered as a miracle drug because of their ability to cure many illnesses and relieve several symptoms that have not been treatable until now.These benefits have been scientifically proven and can be found in many scientific journals.